-Taking Stock-


Oh hello there, welcome to another edition of 'Taking Stock'. Sorry its a few days late, I am currently in Maldives on vacation. Hahahaha yes, one destination on the bucket list ticked off and one goal for 2017 achieved. April has been a tough month, i lost my grandmother (sobs) and have been trying to deal with it. Hoping May will be a better month.

Making:  sure i am well taken care of and loved. Ladies when something or someone no longer serves, please walk away. I'm making sure i do not settle for less than i deserve.

Drinking: still drinking water! Need my skin to recover from all the junk food, alcohol & sun burn.

Reading:  still on Toke Makinwa's book, On Becoming :)

Wanting: the Good Girl perfume by Carolina Herrera. (yes i shall keep wanting it until i get it)

Looking:  forward to a new segment i want to start on the blog, were i will feature African women who inspire me. Look out for it. 

Playing: i think i should remove this part for future 'taking stock; posts. I am not a music person at all, i mean not even a single song on my mobile.

Wishing: i could extend my vacation for an entire month. Hahahaah yes it was that good.



Enjoying: my current view. As in the image above. Yes i could do this all day.

Liking: my vacation pictures. This place is really beautiful y'all. 

Wondering: wondering what some girls get from badmouthing other girls. I mean what really is the point of hating someone else because they are doing better than you (well at least that's what you think). In my opinion, reach out to the person befriend them & learn a thing or two on how to get yourself to that same level.

Hoping: i can stay consistent with my bible study  prayer plan for May. Haven't been keeping up in that area lately and i need to buck up.

Needing: new shoes. So in the April post i mentioned i would buy at least 1 pair a month. I already purchased a pair of denim heels last month. I'm thinking of getting knee high boots this month.

Smelling:  i have this new Arab perfume which smells so bomb. At first i did not think it was all that because i bought it so cheap in Dubai last month, until i wore it one day and a lady stopped me on the street asking what perfume i was wearing. Hahahah. From that day it became a favorite.


Knowing: that all things will work out for good-- MANTRA

Giggling: at everything. It's really beautiful out here.


Cooking: what? Naaah i'm on vacation

Wearing:  mini dresses and bikini tops & shorts all week. 

Following: Toke Makinwa more 'religiously'. There is something about her that inspires and encourages me to keep going and not give up on my dreams.

Noticing: how blessed i really am. When i look at how far I've come all i see is grace.

Feeling: refreshed and ready to head back to real life & conquer.

Thank you for reading. Wish you a fruitful & blessed May. To all the mama's out there, Happy Mothers day.

Love X Blessings,
Nyasha Nicole.

57 comments

  1. You have put me in total vacation mode! Looks amazing girl!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha sorry :( Thanks for stopping by Shauna :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! It's a dream!!!
    Nicoletta
    http://lavieestbellebynicoletta.altervista.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're having fun on vacation! It'd be so nice if every vacation could be extended for another month haha.

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! It sounds like you are having a fun vacation!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Valerie. Im back now but it sure was fun ☺

      Delete
  5. I really love the style of your posts; really so fun and interesting to read. Sounds like you're having a great time and now you've put me in the vacation mood too. Maldives look like a beautiful place. xx

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe this was such an amazing post!! Hope you have the best May ever and sending good vibes your way!

    xo,

    H

    http://firsttimethings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks H. Hope u having a fab month 😘

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit !
    Such a great post. Hope you have a wonderful month.
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Margot☺ Sending good vibes your way too.

      Delete
  9. You sure had a great time in Maldives !It's on my vision board,together with Dubai desert and camel rides. May you please hook me up with Toke's Onbecoming? I read the sample..it's upto chapter3
    http://queenngrace.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im also planning Dubai, loading..... Ok i'll email it to you. X

      Delete
  10. Great post! So jealous on the trip to the Maldives!! We are planning a trip to Amsterdam for a chilled weekend in a different city!
    a life of a charlotte
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Charlotte☺ Yea took months of planning & saving up. Enjoy your getaway too 😚

    ReplyDelete
  12. This kind of vacations are the best! Hope you're a lot of fun!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes i dd Violette☺ Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your post, happy Monday :) xx

    ww.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such a great vacation doll!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post! I haven't heard of that perfume. I also hate the gossip/bad mouth train! Such a bad ride to get on! I should buy a new pair of shoes each month, I could use some new ones!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad someone understands me!! Thank u for stopping by Carrie have a great week ahead.

      Delete
  17. looks just perfect!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, I also wish I could extend my vacay to a few months, but sadly that can't be happening. Hope you had a great time on your holiday. Wishing you a lovely week ahead! xx

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AndreA. Sending blessings & good vibes your way😚

      Delete
  19. Ohh now I miss Maldives. You look great sweets. Have great time in der.
    xx
    Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a beautiful place it is. Thank you Vaishali ☺

      Delete
  20. Denim heels? Sounds fab! Nice for you to take a trip to the Maldives. Have a great new week. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison! Have a great week too 😚

      Delete
  21. Beautiful post! Makes me want to go on holiday! :)

    xx

    Claire from Dresscape
    www.dresscape.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Claire. Thank u. Sending good vibes your way 😙

      Delete
  22. Sorry to her about your grandmother, these sound like good things to keep your mind off it xx

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the holiday did take my mind off it for a while. Thank you ☺

      Delete
  23. I'm sorry for your lost :( I know how you feel!
    but Maldives sounds like a dream. I hope you have a great time!

    Styleforests

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maldives was really beautiful ☺ Thank u so much. Bless you. X

      Delete
  24. I love this, so good to reflect back on the good and bad. Definitely helps you feel grateful and grow and gives you time to recover

    xx
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea i agree Isabelle. Thank u so much for stopping by 😚

      Delete
  25. Sorry to hear that you had a tough month in April losing your Grandmother. A lovely post though to reflect on the good things you have to concentrate on :) Hope you enjoy the Maldives! xx

    Tash | natashatodd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natashan☺ Taking it one day at a time.

      Delete
  26. love this post, its so great to reflect on the good and bad in our lives :)

    claresloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Clare. Have a great week 😚😚

      Delete
  27. Hi Nicole,

    Thank you for sharing such lovely post. You are right: everything will work out in the end. I needed to hear it today.
    Kisses
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miri. Whatever you're going through, eventually you'll be fine 😘

      Delete
  28. I love these types of posts! I would love to extend a holiday for a month too!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha i know rite? If only it was realistically possible 😅

      Delete
  29. I love your dress babes!! Want to hit the beach now. You look gorg!!!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/grace-in-lace/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a great vacation! I am super jealous!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this! I was hoping to see more photos, but I really enjoyed this "taking stock" post.
    Have a lovely rest of your week. <3
    -PerlaGiselle
    iamperlita.com

    ReplyDelete