Wash Day Routine for 'Lazies'


I remember when i did my big chop wash days were a breeze, i mean there was't much involved anyway, then the hair started growing and the problems began. I really could not stand wash days, i remember the days i would actually sit down and try find some inspiration to wash my hair. As time went on i realised i did't have to do what YouTubers are doing but just needed to come up with a method that worked for me and that i could use with my busy schedule. I just wanted to get my hair washed in under 2hours and not having to spend half a day on washing hair only
1. Detangling
This step would start with unravelling whatever hairstyle i have on. I then section my hair into 4, then make smaller sections within those 4 sections and detangle using my Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner. Please never attempt to detangle dry hair without any product on, thats a recipe for breakage. I only use my fingers to gently remove any knots (combs are only allowed in my hair once a month and that is after finger detangling) and when i can smoothly run my fingers through the hair, detangling is complete.  

2. Cleanse
Whilst my hair is still in 4 sections i:

1X week- cleanse my scalp and hair using an Apple Cider Vinegar and water mixture (1 part ACV & 3 parts water). ACV cleanses the hair without removing moisture however i don't think its really clarifying hence i still use shampoo once a month.

1 X month- gently massage my scalp using Himalaya Protein Shampoo to ensure its clean. I don't apply shampoo directly to my hair to avoid stripping the moisture because my hair is dry however somehow it gets clean because either way some of the shampoo gets onto the hair.  

3. Deep Condition
I am super generous with my deep conditioner because i have dry hair and this treatment makes it softer and easy to manage. So with my hair still in 4 sections, i apply the treatment to each section then twist it back, wrap my hair with cling film plastic wrap tie a scarf and sit under my dryer. Using heat helps the conditioner penetrate into my hair shafts ensuring my hair is really moisturised. 30-45 minutes later i then rinse it out with cold water. Cold water seals in the moisture, closes pores and minimises frizz.  

4. Drying
So i haven't directly applied heat to my hair since my big chop 1.5years ago. I dry my hair using an old t-shirt which i'll keep on for about 10-15minutes whilst i clean the bathroom (i clean my bathroom on hair wash days). After t-shirt drying my hair is no longer soaking wet, so i apply a leave in conditioner (whichever brand i am using at that time) i redo the 4 twists in the sections and leave my hair for a while. Most times i'll sit under the fan get my tablet and get some work done. My hair would be dry in 1hour max.

5. Moisturising and Styling
Still working in sections i use raw Shea butter and seal in the moisture with coconut oil (still no combs, i only comb once a month using a wide tooth comb). I don't wear my hair out so often because i am trying to retain length and reach a certain goal in 4years. So after this step i will either get cornrows to wear underneath my wig or in a few cases go to my stylist and get a weave or braids. 

And that is my wash day process. You don't have to dedicate an entire day to washing hair ladies. Sometimes if i have important engagements on my off days i'll actually do this in the evening after work and still sleep on time.

Thank You for reading! Please share how you handle your wash days i'm sure i can always learn a thing or two on how to improve on my process.

Love X Blessings,
Nyasha Nicole.



9 comments

  1. I'm always amazed at how much effort and care is put into having such beautiful hair. While I'm left with frizzy short hair I cut every few months so I don't need to take care of it! Haha!

    xx   B A S H   |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah yea it does take effort.. as they say nothing good comes easy :)
      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Hey guys check out this link http://Dollarnize.com/?share=216396
    If you want to make some extra cash..just sign up and share..no OT needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys check out this link http://Dollarnize.com/?share=216396
    If you want to make some extra cash..just sign up and share..no OT needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. So have recently tried this method and 1st thing..I'm lazy Nicole but this was a long procedure..lol but I must admit it felt good.yu definitely need to do this procedure on an off day..my hair feels so good after ths wash especially after the ACV & Water mixture..I'm looking forward to the results of the procedure excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So have recently tried this method and 1st thing..I'm lazy Nicole but this was a long procedure..lol but I must admit it felt good.yu definitely need to do this procedure on an off day..my hair feels so good after ths wash especially after the ACV & Water mixture..I'm looking forward to the results of the procedure excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the untangling part took the longest? hahahaha. Try it out for the next few washes and you'll find it'll take you a shorter time :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my God girl!! I have the same problem, lol after my big chop I actually looked forward to wash days. Now I just do it to get it done I'm definately following your routine, thanks for the tips.

    http://www.lifewithjacquie.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline :) With this hair i guess we gotta keep finding ways to stay motivated & not give up.

      Delete